Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Dying

You think I slept last night? I was too busy fighting tears back Racking my brain, what moves to make? How do I deal with this? Chaos. I’m sorry this isn’t fair But I don’t think you know I don’t think you care If you knew what I was thinking If you could read my mind You’d think I was crazy But you don’t have the time So instead I lie awake and contemplate Debate and state out loud the decisions that I make No one around to hear my hearts complaint This is probably not a big deal for you It has tossed me to and fro If I could just let it go I could be free That is what I want to be My mind is a jail I have no key Someone didn’t give it back to me Escape is my hope Presently I am in prison No parole. Without a sentence Time does not bring comfort It allows poisoned thoughts This has all been self-inflicted It is with you that I’m infected This is killing me

No comments: